So you are enthusiastic about a betta fish tank! Perhaps you wish to buy a small aquarium kit to beautify your home or office. It is also likely that you love keeping betta fish. No matter the reason, buying an ideal tank is a must for successful keeping.
Many fish lovers buy a small aquarium, but majority of them are unable to keep them for a long time. The prime reason for the failure of these folks is the wrong choice of tank. In case you lack the best info on picking the right fish tank, take a look at the below tips and considerations that should help you in selecting the right one.
Best Betta Fish Aquarium Recommendations
Betta Tank Starter Kits With Filter
Aqueon LED MiniBow Aquarium Kit – Our Top Tank Choice
For most people, their first ever experience in the aquatic hobby is with a betta. However, these habitats do not have to be simple bowl.
- The LED MiniBow Aquarium offered by Aqueon is a stylish, attractive habitat. It will get a beginner or starter aquarist started off on the right foot.
- This includes the Aqueon QuietFlow filtration as well as food and water care samples.
- This mini-bow aquarium kit is shipped in its own container to provide better protection against breakages and scratches during shipping.
Features and pros
- The LED MiniBow Aquarium kit is a compact tank ideal to get started with the world of aquariums. It’s a small sized tank with an elevated base in a contemporary design.
- It features sleek, efficient LED energy lighting hood with the feeding hole. As such, feeding your fish is easy and simple.
- The main hurdle with most fish tanks is cleaning and maintenance. However, Aqueon’s mini-bow aquarium is fairly easy to clean.
- Also, maintaining the tank is not an issue. Just follow the easy to use instructions mentioned in the manual, and you are on your way to sustaining a clean and pristine habitat for a betta’s best health.
Fluval Spec III Kit
Fluval spec is a modern aquarium kit best designed for smaller areas such as counter-tops and desktops. This etched-glass aquarium with an aluminum trim combines functionality as well as best style in a small package. Although small in size, it is bigger in its features.
- It includes a sleekly-designed lighting system (overhanging), consisting of 31 powerful LED lamps that present brilliant illumination for plants and decoration.
- To ensure ultra cleaning and clean water all the time, the tank comes with a powerful circulation pump with output nozzles (that can be adjusted) and a big 3-stage filtration system.
Features and benefits
- In addition to this, the aquarium kit also includes an all-round filtration media.
- The filtration system contains activated carbon, a porous foam block with a comfortable handle and BioMax bio rings for efficient and thorough chemical, mechanical and biological filtration.
- To simplify tank maintenance, the filtration system and the pump are located in a separate chamber.
- The 2.6 gallon nano structure is a popular choice of many beginner aquarists.
- The design, the make and the features all are sure to allure any aquarist to buy it. With an ideal size of 11.8 by 10.8 by 8.7 inches structure, it makes a perfect fit to anyone looking for a smaller, yet sleek tank for the best betta care.
Penn Plax Vertex Kit
The Penn Plax Vertex Aquarium Kit is ideal for any beginner enthusiast or those looking for an all in one solution for betta. The best of everything needed to get started is included:
- One 2.7 gallon fish tank, thermometer, fish net and hang on water filter.
- The best thing about this aquarium kit is it utilizes an exclusive bent glass, frame-less design that facilitates more visibility to the fish inside the tank.
- The easy to open hinged lid keeps the fish safe inside, and open the lid for feeding as well as cleaning without any effort.
- The hang on water filter keeps it clean as well as healthy.
Features and pros
- The aquarium kit also includes a digital water temperature thermometer that attaches to the side of the tank.
- With compact dimensions of 10 by 9 by 8 inches, it is fit for any desktop or small space. The tank also includes an adjustment flow setting to take care of your long-finned bettas.
Priced modestly, the aquarium makes an ideal choice for any best budget shopper. The best thing is the unit comes with a money back guarantee. In case you are not happy with it, just easily get a refund.
Tetra LED Half Moon
In the world of aquatics industry, very few brands are known for trust and authenticity, and Tetra is a special mention in this respect. The Tetra LED Half Moon Betta is an ideal tank for any space.
- The half moon tank shape provides multiple viewing angles.
- The aquarium has a top convenient hole to feed the betta effortlessly.
- It is easy to create a unique and exclusive environment by moving the LED light beneath or above the tank for a better look.
Features and pros
- With years of proven performance and top of the line products, there’s no surprise why Tetra is the go to brand for newbie aquatics as well as experienced professionals alike.
- Use it to create a focal point for any of your rooms by incorporating a fish environment with this high quality fish tank.
- Cleaning the aquarium bowl is pretty simple.
Also, maintenance is not at all an issue. Just add gravel and decor to your aquatics hobby by choosing the Tetra LED half moon bowl. With dimensions of 9 by 10.5 by 4.5 inches, this best compact sized tank can fit even in a small area of your house.
Aqueon Betta Falls Kit
This is an encouraging setup that lets you house multiple bettas in one single best aquarium. Each fish is housed in a separate compartment. As such, they do not see each other to fight.
- The kit includes an adjustable QuietFlow filter and cartridge, water conditioner and food samples.
- The waterfall flow is adjustable as well. As such, just easily turn it down while the fish get accustomed to the new habitat.
- With a sleek design, the tank dimensions are 16.9 by 11 by 11.4 inches.
Features and perks
- Waterfall ensures a constant flow of filtered water. Three separate compartments allow you to house three bettas in each compartment.
- Keep an eye on the internal water level with the fill indicator window.
- Its compact, curve shaped design with cascading waterfalls add to the style statement making it ideal for any home or office.
Besides being an ideal habitat for bettas, the aquarium is also a piece of attraction in any home or office. Without adding anything extra, simply transform the look of the space with this bowl sized tank. Just stick to the guidelines on maintaining it, and you could enjoy a long lasting aquarium for bettas.
Marina Betta Kit
This contemporarily designed kit presents a cool and trendy way to showcase your betta. It features all that is required to get started with betta, and is ideal for first time betta keepers.
- The chic aquarium design fits in nicely in all sorts of office or household settings. In fact, it is a simple way to bring a calming environment to your day to day life.
- With dimensions of 6 inch approximately on all sides, the tank occupies very little space and looks amazing on desks, podiums and counters.
Features and perks
- It is an open lid tank that allows you to feed your bettas effortlessly. Easy to clean and maintain, it’s is a popular choice of betta keepers of all levels.
- The whole setup lets you have a compact, cute looking aquarium to keep your bettas happy.
The tank comes with a smaller price tag. As such, this is best for anyone looking for a compact aquarium on a budget. If you are someone who likes to add decor and style to your space, then this fish tank might be the right choice for your setting.
Top Betta Fish aquariums With Plants (Aquaponics)
Back to the Roots Water Garden
This award winning water garden has been elegantly redesigned with a lovely curved tank. It provides double the space for growing and includes custom grow pods for easy planting and harvesting, with improved accessibility to customize the home.
- This beautiful back to the roots garden kit is backed by ‘a 100 percent guaranteed to grow’ promise. As such, you are sure to grow fresh edible and wheatgrass with confidence right on any kitchen counter or desktop.
- While taking care of your bettas, also learn to grow micro-greens with this water garden tank.
Features and perks
- One striking feature of the garden tank is its self-cleaning ability that avoids the hassles of manual cleaning.
- Also, you get to grow your own organic herbs and sprouts all through the year.
- No matter whether it is a school classroom or home counter, this garden tank makes a perfect fit in all settings.
Purchase includes a free access to STEM curriculum for kids in the age group of 8 to 15. With a size of 13.4 by 13.4 by 9.5 inches, the tank is an ideal selection in small as well as big spaces. Above all, this beautifully designed tank bears an affordable price tag to suit the budget of any type of shopper.
The EcoQube C is the lowest maintenance desktop tank that is currently available in the market. This small fish aquarium uses a Basil plant as a part of the aquaponics filter to purify the water inside the aquarium. As such, there is no need to change the water filter. Simply feed the fish 3 to 6 times a week and top off the water once in a month or two. It’s a lovely, flame polished, small aquarium kit with light and filter included.
Features and pros
- The EcoQube C is one of a kind beautiful, low maintenance aquarium that you may want to buy.
- It is elegant and natural in the sense that it comes with an aquaponics technology to make it a self-sustained ecosystem.
- The dimensions of this customizable fish tank are 7.5 by 7.5 by 9 inches.
The tank is backed by a one-year warranty. In case something goes wrong, just have it repaired through the manufacturer within the warranty period. With a lovely look and appearance, the tank makes it way in any home or office environment.
This attractive aquaponic tank comes in various small sizes to keep your bettas. In fact, this is considered to be one of the pleasant homes of bettas.
- The kit includes 7, color LEDs; the colorful light is soft and energy-efficient. Power on the lights with a USB or battery. The best thing is that it features a detachable design. It means that the planting tray, the lamp base and the tank can be disassembled for meeting their respective cleaning needs without the need to move the complete ecosystem. This in turn ensures that the landscape is not damaged.
Features and pros
- It is a closed loop ecosystem with a fish tank and a flower pot.
- Since the unit is a self-sustained ecosystem, you don’t have to do much legwork for cleaning and sustaining the unit. With little care and attention, enjoy the companionship of the unit for a long time.
In exchange for a modest price, own a top of the line aquaponic fish tank you ever wished. Also backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the purchase, simply get in touch with the maker for a satisfactory solution.
5 Gallon Tank Options
Fluval Spec V Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon
Fluval spec is a modern aquarium meant for smaller areas such as counter-tops and desktops.
- It has a 5 gallon tank and a bright LED light. As such, it is a good choice with plants.
- Also, the 3-stage filter is mounted on the side of the tank in an isolated chamber.
- To ensure effective cleaning, the aquarium uses BioMax bio rings, foam block and activated carbon.
- The dimensions of this medium sized tank are 6.3 by 17.2 by 10.6 inches.
Features and perks
These betta fish aquariums are highly popular for many reasons.
- Firstly, the filter system is pretty quiet.
- Secondly, there is a separate room for a heater.
- Additionally, the slim lid and light look classy, not chunky. Then the 37 LEDs are sufficiently bright to raise aquatic plants.
This is easy to clean and maintain. Also, you can easily find the tank parts in case of damages. All in all, the Fluval V spec aquarium certainly makes a great tank for a great price.
MarineLand ML90609 Portrait Kit
The MarineLand’s portrait aquarium is a 5 gallon curved glass kit.
- It includes a 3-stage filtration system with a Rite Size Z cartridge, an adjustable filter pump and bio-foam.
- The white and blue LED light is highly energy-efficient; it is hinged for easy accessibility.
- Additionally, the kit features a 3-way switch for toggling between blue and white, off and blue only settings.
- The white LED lighting creates a shimmering light in the tank water, thus mimicking the underwater effect of sunlight.
- Also, the blue LEDs generate a comfy moonlight glow.
Features and perks
- Aside from this, the aquarium includes an exclusive glass canopy. It slides to the back of the aquarium for water care dosing and easy feeding.
- The kit is easy to assemble and beautifully designed for all sorts of setups. Put the kit in your home, office or schools.
The best part is you can easily maintain this beautifully designed aquarium without much effort. With the dimensions of 11.8 by 11.6 by 17 inches, the aquarium makes a perfect habitat for your betta. Due to its unique design and features, the MarineLand portrait aquarium kit is always in high demand.
Koller Products Panaview 5-Gallon Kit
- It is a 5 gallon betta fish aquarium that comes with the energy-saving lighting.
- The lights illuminate the aquarium in a blazing fashion such that your fish looks glowing all the time.
- The aquarium water is kept optimal, and the betta is safe and healthy with the internal water filter.
- Watch the lovely tropical fish swimming back and forth, and forget the stress and worries of your day to day life.
- While adding a piece of decor to your house or office, you can calm and relax at your place.
Features and perks
- The Koller Panaview 5-Gallon Kit is made of impact-resistant crystal plastic, not glass. The construction is superior and durable to last long.
- As opposed to glass tanks glued together with silicone, this elegant fish tank leaves no room for leaks. This in turn relieves you from worries related to leakages and breakages.
The trendy aquarium is meant for easy set up and maintenance. This must have fish tank comes with the dimensions of 14.2 by 10 by 11.5 inches. By shelling out a modest sum, secure a piece of elegance and a way to relax and unwind.
Betta Fish Tanks Or Aquariums – What to look for when buying best
When it boils down to picking a tank for a betta fish, many people are in a hurry. Most of them select the very first tank they stumble upon. This is undoubtedly a wrong idea; the chosen tank may or may not be a good fit. It’s best to base your decision in view of the following important parameters.
Betta fish aquarium size
Although a betta fish is able to survive even in a small bowl, its life may not be fulfilling as desired. If they live in a very small tank, changes in temperature are pretty fast and extreme. Water temperature may get too hot or too cold, which may not be ideal to adjust and survive. In general, an adult equates a gallon of water tank size. Take this point in consideration and choose a bigger tank that fits in your place and budget.
Tight fitting betta tank cover
A fitting cover is really important to ensure that the betta does not jump out of the tank. While bettas may not be a good jumper, they can definitely jump out. To minimize the chances of jumping and injuries (to fish), be sure you have a tight cover that holds the tank tightly. However, you need to make certain that there is some air with a space left between the cover and the water surface.
Excellent warm water quality In the tank
While clean water is a must for any fish, betta fish need warm water. They are a tropical type of fish and accustomed to a temperature over 76 degrees Fahrenheit. As such, you should ensure that you maintain clean and warm water all the time with regular water cleaning and temperature maintenance.
Top Betta Fish Aquarium Closing Words On These Best Betta Fish Tanks Reviews
Keeping betta fish is something many individuals wish to do at their home or office. If you happen to be one of these enthusiasts, you need to buy a top rated aquarium. If you don’t know about them, take a look at the above tanks with specifications, and you could have your hands on the right tank. With an ideal tank, you are sure to create a better and pleasing for your bettas.